Telecom giant Digicel has partnered with local media houses Observer and Gleaner to stream Shaggy & Friends live online.
OONUYARD.COM will also bring you the video feed live via Ustream.
Digicel has announced that it will broadcast the show live on its Facebook page to its over 600,000 fans. Fans can also view the show live on Shaggy and Friends official website at shaggyfoundation.org.
“Providing the live stream is an important part of how we can help to get the message out about the need to donate funds for the Bustamante Hospital, while at the same time giving online viewers a free opportunity to enjoy some of the best artistes on the world stage,” said Shelly-Ann Harris, Digicel’s senior communications manager.
“We understand that this is what people wanted; the chance to be a part of the event on Saturday, since not everyone will be able to physically attend, and so we are delighted to be able to partner with the Observer and respond to that need,” she added.
Digicel has also set up a line where fans can make donations through calling or texting.
To donate $50 to the Shaggy Make A Difference foundation send a text to or call 444-2498.
Digicel has also donated US$1 million, which is over JM$100 million, to the Bustamante Children’s Hospital. The funds will go towards the construction of the Caribbean’s first children’s cardiac wing.
An estimate 400 life-saving paediatric operations will be undertaking there per year.
HOW: To participate in Twitter Party: Follow #TeamShaggy4Kids and note the following script and tips to maximize your experience and support:
1. Use hashtag #TeamShaggy4Kids in every single tweet. No matter what you say or respond to, please use the hashtag. The only way to get the hashtag trending is for lots of people to use it as often as possible.
2. Please Tweet often but not in rapid succession or you may end up in “Twitter jail”, i.e., being blocked out of Twitter for a time period and then can’t tweet.
3. Retweeting helps too. So don’t be afraid to retweet. Just retweet tweets that include the hashtag #TeamShaggy4Kids.
4. Try to ask your followers questions that encourage them to respond and tell them to use the hashtag #TeamShaggy4Kids
Here is the intended party script schedule for the evening:
6-6:15pm: Tell us what city you are checking into this #TeamShaggy4Kids Twitter Party from. Use the hashtag #TeamShaggy4Kids
6:15 – 6:30pm: Shaggy and Friends is a #charity concert for #kids. Name and shout out the artistes giving their time for the cause. Use the hashtag #TeamShaggy4Kids
6:30 – 6:45pm: TeamShaggy4Kids The cause is Bustamante Hospital for Children. You can help. Here’s how you can donate (and share how to donate flyer attached). If you are @Digicel_Jamaica @Scotiabank, @FoodforthePoor, @JamaicaNationor @CapitalOne you can share your own info.
6:45 – 7:00pm: Tell us where you are watching @shaggynfriends tonight. At Jamaica House? Or online and in which city? Use the hashtag #TeamShaggy4Kids.
7:00 – 7:15pm: Tell us your connection to Bustamante Hospital – learn about their needs and how your donation will help. Use the hashtag #TeamShaggy4Kids.
7:15 – 7:30pm – Dedicate your favorite song of one of the artists on the bill of tonight’s concert to the kids of Bustamante Hospital. Use the hashtag #TeamShaggy4Kids.
7:30 – 7:45pm: Tell us why you are donating tonight – the reason and motivation. Use the hashtag #TeamShaggy4Kids.
7:45 – 7:55pm: Tell us your wish for the kids of Jamaica and future. What is your fave memory as a kid in Jamaica or visiting Jamaica.
Use the hashtag #TeamShaggy4Kids.
7:55 – 8pm GIVE SHOUT OUT THANKS TO ANY INVOLVED IN SUPPORTING THE KIDS. Use the hashtag #TeamShaggy4Kids.
Here are the options of how to DONATE in Jamaica or from anywhere around the world to support the KIDS at Bustamante Hospital:
1. TEXT (for Digicel customers only) J$50 per text – TEXT PLEDGE to 876-444-2498
2. ONLINE – donate at www.foodforthepoor.org/teamshaggy4kids
100% tax deductible for all US donations under IRS 501(c)(3)
3. JAMAICA BANK DEPOSIT or WIRE TRANSFER – Send to any Scotiabank (Account at Scotiacenter #50765)
J$ Acct #: 801492
USD Acct #: 927180
4. USA BANK DEPOSIT or WIRE TRANSFER:
Send to Any Capital One Bank
Routing #: 021407912
Acct #: 7017148030
5. MONEY TRANSFER VIA JAMAICA NATIONAL:
Between January 2-15, send any money transfer and Jamaica National will donate an additional $1 per transfer to Foundation. Make a donation of a given amount and JN will waive transfer fees.